The International Neural Network Society is soliciting nominations for its 2017 awards to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the field of Neural Networks. Up to three awards, at most one in each category, of up to $1,000 are presented annually to senior, highly accomplished researchers for outstanding contributions made in the field of Neural Networks. These are:
In addition to these, up to two Young Investigator Awards of $500 each are presented annually to individuals with no more than five years postdoctoral experience and who are under forty years of age, for significant contributions in the field of Neural Networks.
1. The Awards Committee should receive nominations of no more than two pages in length, specifying:
2. The curriculum vitae of both the nominee and the nominator must be included with the nomination, including the name, address, position/title, phone, fax, and e-mail address for both the nominee and nominator.
3. The nominator must be an INNS member in good standing. Nominees do not have to be INNS members. If an award recipient is not an INNS member, they shall receive a free one-year INNS membership.
4. Nominators may not nominate themselves or their family members.
5. Individuals may not receive the same INNS Award more than once.
All nominations will be considered by the Awards Committee and selected ones forwarded to the INNS Board of Governors, along with the Committee's recommendations for award recipients. The entire INNS Board of Governors will vote on each award.
The INNS Award Committee members must be INNS Governors in the year that they are appointed. The 2016 Committee consists of Prof. Hava Siegelmann, Prof. Jürgen Schmidhuber and Prof. Leonid Perlovsky.
Please email the 2017 nominations along with their attachments directly to the chair of the Awards Committee at email@example.com, with a copy to the Secretary of the Society, Yoonsuck Choe, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2016.
Please use the following subject line in the email: INNS award nomination